About the Job
The Morgan Library & Museum seeks a qualified Maintenance Engineer. Working under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, he/she is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and repair of the Morgan’s infrastructure and building systems. Candidates must have a working knowledge of and hands on experience with carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and building systems. The position will require availability in emergency situations.
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in general building maintenance and operations
- Demonstrated proficiency in all types of wall construction as well as carpentry (including finishing)
- 1–2 years HVAC and control building management systems (BMS) experience
- Thorough knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
- General computer knowledge of Microsoft office applications such as Word and Excel software.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Valid Fire Safety Director (FSD), Stand pipe 12 and Sprinkler 13 licenses a plus. Alternately, as a provision of hire, the candidate must obtain licenses within one year of hire
- Good verbal and written communication skills; ability to collaborate effectively as part of a team
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform duties on ladders and scaffolding; indoor and outdoors; as well as lifting a maximum of 50lbs, and moving heavier objects with assertive devices. The work environment includes working near or with moving mechanical parts, chemical, and electrical equipment.
Competitive salary; excellent benefits.
Interested applicants should e-mail cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.
• Post ID: 142262632 newyork