What you’ll be doing...
This position will be part of the Corporate Information Security team focused on security awareness. Specifically, this role will coordinate security awareness activities and initiatives designed to influence employee and contractor behavior. Ultimately, this role is focused on reducing risk to our organization by ensuring all individuals with access to Verizon information resources understand and follow our security requirements and behave in a secure and responsible manner.
- Ensure that our security awareness program communicates our security policies and requirements so that people know, understand and can follow them.
- Support security awareness initiatives as assigned to help minimize the human threat to Verizon information assets.
- Create a positive program that engages information systems users and helps them to be vigilant at work and home to help guard against security threats.
- Leverage opportunities to expand employee knowledge through remedial training, campaigns, education fairs and events.
- Active participation in strategic initiatives in accordance to the E&A roadmap.
- Ability to form complex 'communications / messages' in a simple, clear and concise manner to the various communities within our organization.
- Clearly and concisely communicates verbally to articulate security awareness messages.
- Project management experience and the ability to plan, manage, maintain and sustain a complex, organization wide program long-term.
- Demonstrate practical knowledge of different message distribution techniques to ensure end-user communities understand and continually apply the required behavioral change necessary to reduce the 'human factors' risk.
- Stay current with cyber security threats and trends.
- Assist with training the user community on good security practices.
- Deliver and report key metrics to provide stakeholders situational awareness regarding the impact of the awareness program.
- Consistently deliver high quality work products that fully address the criteria for which they were intended, requires minimal modification.
- As a contributor, takes ownership for assigned areas of responsibility and effectively manages work load to meet team deadlines
- Project confidence, poise and competence under pressure while interacting with team members, and partners.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in a computer related field or one or more years of work experience.
- One or more years of IT experience.
- Knowledge of information security and foundational principles.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office / G-Suite tools.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- One or more years of Security Awareness / Training or a similar background in the Security Education areas, preferably in a Fortune 100 or other large enterprise.
- Certifications: PMP, CISM.
- Experience with the process of eLearning design.
- Knowledge of running phishing campaigns with some experience using vendor phishing application.
- Solid understanding of Verizon business operations and knowledge of the foundational technologies used across environments.
- PC skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2472681-network-information-security-analyst
• Post ID: 158594627 newyork