As a Senior Manager in Engineering practices, you will play a key role in advancing Verizon’s overall technology transformation. You will lead transformation immersion centers(aka Dojo’s), working closely with teams across Verizon to transform the way they work, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud principles and practices. This role will have a material impact on helping teams improve their overall results and value delivery. Partnering with IT and Business leaders from across the Enterprise, the candidate would have a key leadership position focused on developing, designing and implementing transformation immersion centers and associated services that will be focused on accelerating adoption of modern technology practices and tooling through experiential learning. This role requires broad experience working across technology, foundational skills in IT engineering, and proven success in leading highly technical teams.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES –
The Senior Manager for transformation immersion centers (aka Dojo’s) will lead a team responsible for:
- Working with business and IT Agile product teams consultatively to teach via Agile, DevOps and Cloud technology Practices in the Dojo while facilitating delivery of sponsored team project objectives.
- Working with Verizon leadership to develop and schedule a Transformation project slate of nominated product teams and projects for learning experiences via the Dojos.
- Managing end to end process for teams coming in to the Dojo’s, including managing pipeline, chartering teams coming through an experience, the actual immersion engagement, and post Dojo engagement activities.
- Driving strategy and leading team in establishing services offered in Verizon Dojo’s to best support our transformation goals and objectives
- Influencing, providing leadership and guidance during Dojo events, ensuring team is providing services that follow accepted best practices in Agile, DevOps and Cloud practices.
- Leading technical assessment of project teams outside of the Dojo settings, providing technology transformation, Devops and Agile implementation guidance and assistance.
- Providing corporate presence at Technology transformation, DevOps, Cloud, and Agile Community Events and Trade Shows, sharing Verizon success stories and cultivating new techniques and practices.
- Facilitate/lead the development of meaningful transformation/Dojo outcome metrics to measure impact of Transformation projects and ongoing performance.
- Managing and developing a team of employees including hiring, training, development, performance management, administration, and workforce planning.
- Ensuring deep skills are developed across the Dojo coaching team across Product, Agile, Cloud, Cloud Native, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, API Driven Design, and Application Security
- Leading messaging and communication around Dojo activities in leadership forums and communities.
- Driving technology strategy for efforts to improve overall developer experience and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
- Management experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Five or more years of management experience leading technical teams to deliver excellent results, leveraging Agile, DevOps, and Cloud practices and tools
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication and influencing skills; ability to communicate in large group settings
- Ability to translate complex ideas and express them in concise, simple to understand ways
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills; proven experience in leading technology architecture direction
- Strong ability to guide/lead teams and individuals toward beneficial outcomes
- Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the Enterprise, IT and Business
- Deep understanding of automation practices throughout the development, build, and deployment phases of the application life-cycle
- Working understanding of industry leading IT automation and cloud tooling, including, but not limited to JIRA, CONFLUENCE, GIT/STASH, JENKINS or HUDSON, ANSIBLE, TEST AUTOMATION (SELENIUM), AWS, CLOUD FOUNDRY, DOCKER, Artifactory solutions, Programming languages, Scripting tools
- Advanced and Practiced understanding of DevOps, Agile and IT Transformational Best Practices
- AGILE FACILITATION or SCRUM MASTER Certification preferred.
Not to boast, but a little bit about us
Verizon powers America’s fastest and most reliable network. We’re also leading the way in cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and video entertainment. Technology moves fast and so do we. We believe that bringing great ideas and customer experiences to life should be recognized and rewarded. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6504668-senior-engineering-practices-manager
• Post ID: 96968236 newyork