Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 12:08 AM
Company Name:Erin Construction and Development Co. Inc
Benefits Offered Medical, 401K
Employment Type Full-Time
Site Superintendent Position
Erin Construction and Development, Co. Inc. is a family owned and operated business with 25 years of experience creating quality, sustainable projects of varying size and scale throughout NYC. We have recently expanded into Newark, Yonkers and Long Island and looking for highly skilled and enthusiastic people to join our team. We are currently seeking a Site Supervisor with about 10-15 years’ professional experience, preferably in the affordable housing industry (or willingness to learn). Must be willing to travel to job sites in Metro New York City area. A car is helpful.
To provide on-site coordination for all phases of multi-family construction projects, including coordinating subcontractors, material and equipment, ensuring that specifications are being strictly followed, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. Superintendent shall be responsible for scheduling, inspections, quality control, and job site safety.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities of Superintendent:
Schedule subcontractors, consultants, and vendors in critical path to ensure timely completion.
· Perform quality control duties and responsibilities regarding the work being performed.
· Communicate with project team regarding ASI’s, RFI’s, and Material Submittals.
· Ensure that subcontractor is fully executing and complying with his contracted scope of work.
· Coordinate required inspections with local jurisdictions.
· Identify subcontractor non-compliance with safety, health, and environmental quality standards.
· Identify conflicts in construction progress and communicate them to project team for resolution.
· Maintain daily log (written) of activities on the jobsite.
· Perform Superintendent duties at multiple job sites, simultaneously.
· Ensure subcontractor has corrected all deficiencies identified by project team.
· Walk all units on project daily to monitor activities and assist in future planning.
· Preside over weekly subcontractor meetings designed to coordinate the work.
· Issue notices of non-compliance to subcontractors in regards to quality of work or scheduling.
· Ensure that the job site is always kept in a clean and organized manner.
· Perform job progress and completion punch list identification and completion.
· Assist in budgeting, bidding, and award of subcontracts.
· Assist in obtaining permits or approval of revisions.
· Gather project material submittals and maintain records of approvals at the job-site.
· Identify areas of work that are outside of subcontracted scope.
· Preside at pre-construction meeting with each subcontractor.
· Opening the jobsite at beginning of the day and securing the jobsite at the end of the day.
· Assist in hiring laborers,
Must have these professional training requirements:
1. NYC DOB Construction Superintendent License
2. 30 hour OSHA construction industry current within 5 years
3. 32 hour supported scaffold card
4. Clean driving license
Competitive benefits package offered with supportive work environment.
Please email resume to HR@erinconstruction.com
• Location: Manhattan, New York, NY
• Post ID: 154515092 newyork