Posted: Wednesday, November 8, 2017 7:40 AM
Requisition ID: 36061
Job Function/Category: Engineering
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity and inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
The title, grade level and incentive target assigned to the successful candidate will be determined by assessing skills and related experience, learned through the interview process.
Work as an engineer within PSE and G's Measurement Systems Operations Department, utilizing a broad knowledge of business and engineering principles and practices acquired through progressive experience. This position supports Electric Distribution meter services. Develop configuration settings for advanced electric meters, review switchgear blueprints and customer substation metering system design. Advise and make recommendations on new meter equipment selection. Manage and support required compliance:based PJM meter test schedule to ensure integrity of metering.
Employee should be prepared to support PSE and G during storm/outage restoration efforts as needed. Employee may also be required to work in an alternate location within New Jersey part:time.
Required Grade 27:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related engineering field
- Knowledge of business and applied engineering principles and practices
- 4+ years of engineering work experience
- Clear and concise writing and verbal communications skills
- On call 24/7 hours to assist during system emergency situations
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Applicant must have effective problem:solving and decision:making; strong planning and organizing skills; must be adaptable and results:oriented
-Strong MS Office skills, with proficiency in Excel
- Must foster an inclusive work environment and respects all aspects of diversity
- Must demonstrate and value differences in others strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices
Required: Grade 28
- All of above as well as 6+ years of relevant experience
Desired: Grade 27 and 28
- Advanced Degree
- Professional Engineering License
- Project Management Certification
- Prior experience with metering system design
As an employee of PSE and G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (pseg) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non:discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973:430:384
• Location: Staten Island
• Post ID: 143448907 newyork