Supervisor of Preventive Services - Lutheran Social Services of New York (New York, NY)
LUTHERAN SOCIAL SERVICES OF NEW YORK
POSITION: Supervisor of Preventive Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Preventive Services
CLASSIFICATION: Full-Time (Management Team)
The Supervisor of Preventive Services is responsible for providing supportive, educational, and administrative supervision to the case workers while ensuring that the Family Treatment/Rehabilitation Program objectives are met.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Ensures compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations.
- Conduct administrative and case record review including those specified in the ACS Preventive Services Quality Assurance Standards and Indicator's as well as those mandated by OCFS preventive services regulations.
- Conduct assessments and intensive, short-term therapy to families.
- Coordinate and attend all Clinical Diagnostic Team meetings.
- Participate in/facilitate Family Team Conferences, as needed.
- Provide supervision and support to case planners via individual sessions, staff meetings, and in-house trainings including training new workers.
- Review progress notes/documentation of staff directly supervised, including monitoring compliance with Connections and PROMIS.
- Attend community district consortium meetings as appropriate to discuss city, state, and federal child welfare issues and policies, and to exchange information that will impact client population served.
- Communicate the Agency's vision, policies, and procedures to the staff and report program concerns to the Director of Preventive Services.
- Work in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resource.
- Regularly assess the safety and well-being of all clients being served.
- Ensure quality assurance and excellence in service provision.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the Code of Ethics of the National Association of Social Workers.
- Participate in all required LSSNY trainings.
- BA/BS/BSW/MSW Case Planners
- MSW interns
- Experience in the field of substance use and mental health.
- Ability to work collaboratively with people from all walks of life.
- A facility for and an interest in working with children and families at-risk of placement.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, including the ability to facilitate trainings.
- Superior organizational skills and an ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience and facility working with Microsoft Office Applications and OCFS Connections.
- LCSW or Licensed Mental Health Professional or Mental Health Clinician or Licensed equivalent human services graduate degree.
- Minimum of 2 years documented relevant experience working in child welfare services; experience working in the field of substance abuse and/or mental health; experience in supervisory/management position a plus.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to effectively express ideas using speech, listening and writing skills to influence others and convey Program purpose and goals.
- Ability to establish a systematic course of action to accomplish specific objectives, determine priorities and allocate time and resources effectively.
- Ability to represent the Agency with respect to program development and implementation.
- Ability to navigate throughout New York City using public transportation and/or have a valid New York State drivers license and access to a motor vehicle.
- Ability to work collaboratively toward solutions that generally benefit all involved parties to accomplish overall organization objectives.
- Ability to manage time effectively and determine priorities.
- Ability to improve the skills of others by identifying areas of performance strengths and develop opportunities, through mentoring and coaching, to develop staff for longevity at LSSNY.
- Fanatic about details.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
• Post ID: 37154204 newyork