What you’ll be doing...
This position will be part of the Corporate Information Security Team focused on supplier security assurance programs and processes. Specifically, this role will work within the Supplier Risk Management program to drive supplier security assurance throughout the various phases of the supplier lifecycle, from onboarding through termination. The candidate must be able to interact with many multifaceted supplier types, senior management and business sponsors to effectively apply the Supplier Information Security Framework.
This role is responsible for leading a cross-functional enterprise program to identify, characterize and lower supplier information security risk to Verizon. These responsibilities will include:
Assimilating complex qualitative and quantitative sources of supplier key risk indicator information to formulate multilayered risk decisions.
Transposing intricate risk results into understandable terms for senior leadership and clearly socializing these risks to assist the business in making beneficial decisions for the Company.
Working with senior leadership, suppliers and supplier business sponsors to address security concerns and gap remediation in a timely manner.
Effectively navigating the challenging environment and delicate relationships between suppliers and senior business leaders to ensure the Company and its customers are not negatively impacted.
Driving the Supplier Information Security Program to evaluate suppliers’ security practices in order to gauge security posture and readiness to securely manage the IT assets and data they are entrusted with.
Recommending and implementing process, formula and data normalization changes to the Supplier Information Security Program which enhance its ability to identify risk and also increase its efficiency in reducing the risks discovered.
Providing risk-based guidance to supplier business sponsors to garner their full understanding, support and acceptance of the risks involved in doing business with each supplier.
Leading the negotiation of supplier contracts with regard to security requirements and articulating risk to supplier business sponsors where suppliers are not agreeing to those terms.
Delivering reporting and metrics to demonstrate volume, value and trending of all supplier assurance activities.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Technical related experience and business operations experience.
- Experience in Information Security, Technology or Technical Risk Analysis.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Technology or related field.
- Certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM or willingness to obtain within 9 months.
- Demonstrated understanding of cyber security risk management concepts, cybersecurity frameworks, control standards, secure coding principles, and security technologies.
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals, best practices and industry standards with prior responsibilities of protecting information assets.
- Experience with ISO 27001-2, NIST 800-53, or other controls standards.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Legal attorneys and other supporting business groups.
- Experience effectively utilizing analytic tools, such as Archer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/2409038-supplier-security-assurance-risk-analyst
• Post ID: 152807057 newyork